Thursday, June 17, 2010

Lace Socks


I just mailed off these custom made knitted socks to a customer. I really hope she likes how they turned out. The customer picked the yarn which is 80% merino, 10% cashmere and 10% nylon. It came from a lovely shop on Etsy called Have You Any Wool



The customer wanted me to pick the pattern that the socks were knitted in. I searched and searched for a pattern that I thought would look great with this yarn and colour. I really hope she likes what I have chosen. The funny thing about this pattern is these socks are suppose to be knitted from the toe up but I knitted mine from the top down. I have yet to learn the toe up method. Somebody else had knitted these socks from the top down and I liked how theirs turned out. By doing it from the other direction the lace pattern is flipped upside down and I liked how this lace pattern looked upside down as well as the right side up. It gives it a totally different look.



I have only knitted a few lace pattern socks before and each time I learn something new. I like it because its a challenge and I love the end result. The satisfying feeling when they are all done and look just right is wonderful. Bring on the next lace project and fingers crossed my customer loves her new socks.



No comments: