1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
My name is Paula and I live in Florida in a historic bungalow with my husband William and my cocker spaniel named Teddy Bear. I am a hospice nurse and a thread bear artist. I love to collect handmade art and antiques.
2. What made you open your shop and why Etsy?
I knew other thread artists on Ebay, who also mentioned that they had Etsy shops.
3. Do you sell your bears anywhere else?
I also sell my bears on Ebay under the seller ID Crocheteddybears.
4. What are your favourite things to do?
I enjoy reading, watching movies, cross stitching, antiquing, collecting, and crocheting bears.
5. What inspires you?
Shopping for threads, yarns, buttons, and ribbons. I love luxury fibers like angora, mohair, and suede yarns. When I see a ball of thread or yarn, I am already envisioning a new teddy bear.
6. Are your bear patterns your own original patterns?
Yes, the bear patterns are my original patterns.
7. Which bear was your favourite to make?
Each bear is my favorite as I am creating him or her.
8. Why do you think handmade bears are so appealing, even to adults?
I think that teddy bears evoke an emotional response from us. I can't help but smile when I look at the bears that I have collected.
9. Which handmade possession given to you do you cherish?
I love the quilts that were made by my grandmother. She taught me to crochet, but didn't teach me sewing or quilting.
10. Name 3 other Etsy shops you love to visit.
1. Binkys: I love her knitted dragons.
2. Quiltville: Fabulous quilts.
3. Blackcrowprimitives: Beautiful hand painted cloth dolls.
Thank you so much to Paula for being my favourite Etsy shop this week. How can you resist these little guys? Just look into their eyes just pleading to be brought home. I love how they are one of a kinds with each one having their own personality. Having made knitted bears before I know how tricky it can be getting the faces to look so expressive and cute and she manages to do both with each and every bear. When you take a look at this shop dont forget to check out the sold section so you can see other bears that have been adopted, just so adorable.