Friday, February 26, 2010

Favourite Etsy Shop Friday


Favourite Etsy Shop Feature

Jessie Girl
www.jessiegirlclothing.etsy.com

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
I am a teacher and a Mom who loves fabric and sewing. I learned to sew while working in a NYC costume shop in my early twenties. After I had my daughter I picked it up again.


2. What made you open your shop and why Etsy?

I was making skirts for my daughter and I was getting carried away. A girl only needs so many twirl skirts - I heard about Etsy from my neighbor and it was love at first sight!


3. Do you sell your items anywhere else?

Yes - I sell at art fairs and some home shows. I am very excited because this year I will be presenting at two major shows in NYC: Crafts of Columbus and the Craft Festival at Lincoln Center.


4. How did you choose your shop name?
My daughter Jessie was named after my grandmother who was also named Jessie. My grandmother was a wonderful seamstress who made all of my mother's clothes. We have always called my daughter Jessiegirl - so it just seemed to fit!

5. What are your favourite things to do?

I love sewing and spending time with my kids. I also teach history so I love to visit museums and read.




6. What inspires you?
The quilting fabrics are amazing - I love the endless combinations. Children also inspire me - I love to see little girls in clothes they adore - I try to create clothes that are whimsical and practical.


7. What is your most popular item?

The most popular piece is my Lantern Bloom Fabric. I think that the fabric created by Laura Gunn is like a piece of art. The colors have so much depth and sophistication.


8. Your clothing has such beautiful fabrics, which fabric is your favourite?
They are all my favorites - but I am partial to Jennifer Paganelli's fabrics for FreeSpirit. Her choice of color is genius and I have been fortunate enough to meet her in person and she is inspiring!


9. What handmade possession given to you do you cherish?

I have a vase that my husband and I bought from an artist in Hawaii on our honeymoon.


10. Name 3 other Etsy shops you love to visit.

kiki bOnan - she is my neighbor and does adorable applique shirts.
Pomadour's Craft Cafe- she has great pattern books from Japan - they are great for ideas and styling
Little Overcoat - great recycled dresses and tops - she is so creative!



Thank you so much to JessieGirl for being my favourite Etsy shop feature this week. This is the first kids clothing shop I have featured. I am just in love with all the fabrics that are used in the shop. My Megan would have loved these clothes when she was little and even though my Victoria is a bit of a tomboy she loves to wear twirly skirts so she would love these as well. If my sister is reading this then I am sure she will find something in this shop for my niece.
JessieGirl has sizes listed from 18 months right up to size 8. So check out this shop and see all the wonderful fabrics and styles. Im sure you'll find something for the little girls in your lives.


JessieGirl would like to offer you a 15% discount in her shop. If you would love to take advantage of this discount all you have to do is put jonicania.blogspot in the message to sellers section when you checkout. I hope you take advantage of this wonderful offer.


No comments: