Friday, June 19, 2009

Favourite Etsy Shop Friday!!!!


Favourite Etsy Shop Feature

Chet and Dot
www.chetanddot.etsy.com

1. Tell us a bit about yourself?
My name is Jenn Hill. I live in Portland OR on what is slowly becoming an urban homestead, we just got 5 chickens! I live with my partner, daughter and sweet kitty Fifi.

2. What made you decide to open your shop and why Etsy?

In 2005, I had a small store space and when I decided to close, I knew I wanted a way to continue making and selling, luckily, just then, along came Etsy. I signed up right away and had my first sale within a few days and I was hooked. Etsy is amazing, it lets me reach my target market on a world wide scale. I love that I'm able to work from home doing what I love. Etsy has made that possible.

3. How did you choose your shop name?

I happened upon a stack of vintage Christmas cards, several years ago and inside one particularly precious one, was written "Best Wishes, Chet and Dot" I didn't know what I wanted to do with the name then but I kept it in mind and then one day I thought it would be the perfect name for my little shop.

4. How long have you been creating/crafting?
I have been crafting and creating for as long as I can remember. Never, of course, on such big scale as I do now, but I remember always having some little project going on.

5. What are your other favourite things to do?

I love baking, cooking, gardening and chicken watching




6. What inspires you? I am inspired by so many things, Japanese style and design, vintage magazines and books, modern design.

7. Of all the items you make for you your shop, what do you enjoy making the most?

Hmmm...I think that depends, sometimes I really love making something or working with a particular medium and then I'll move on to something else. I really like stamp carving and printing the most. It's the most versatile, I can print on paper or fabric to use for sewing. I do adore needle felting too.

8. What are your most popular items?

My stuffed animals are the most popular thing in my shop.

9. Name 3 other Etsy shops you love to visit?
There are so many great Etsy shops, it's hard to narrow it down. I usually shop for Japanese fabrics at
cottonblue, karaku and fabricsgalore.

10. What handmade possession do you cherish?

My baby quilt made by my great grandmother



I would just like to thank Chet and Dot for a wonderful interview. It was fun learning more about you and your Etsy shop. I have been a fan for a long time and just love all your items. I especially like the sewing kits.

I hope you have enjoyed another Favourite Etsy Shop Feature.


1 comment:

Linda B said...

Great feature. Thanks.

http://lindab142.etsy.com