Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A Post With Some Pictures

Today we had the first snowfall of the season. Joe decided to take a few photos because he thought it looked pretty so I thought I would post them. Victoria was sooooooo excited when she got up this morning to discover snow everywhere. She has been talking about snow for about 6 months now. She decided today was Christmas because why else would we have snow so I had to inform her she had a while to wait until Christmas hehe.


I think Joe did a good job on this photo. It looks very pretty with the snowflakes falling. He must have taken this early this morning. He has switched to working third shift. He just started this week and its an adjustment for everyone but it will be a good one in the long run I think. He is still getting use to working 11pm to 7am. But he gets to be home every night for dinner and sees the girls every day. He is very excited about being able to attend school functions without taking the day off work and also buying McDonalds breakfast when they finish rebuilding the one near his work hehe.


On Saturday I took in the stitchmarkers I have been working on to the yarn shop. I attached them to thick paper so that I could write all the information and maybe help to display them. While I was at the yarn shop the owner gave me some leftover yarn and a knitted teddy bear book. She wants me to make bears for her shop because she lacks the time to do them but wants her shop filled with knitted toys. I said I would love to do it. I have been reading all the pre instructions in the book before I get started to make sure I know everything before starting. The patterns are so cute and its hard to choose which one to make first. Im not sure if the book is on loan but Im pretty sure it is. I am going to buy it off her and keep it because I can see myself making many of these bears over and over again once I get the hang of it. The one thing I see that could be tricky is all the seaming that seems to be involved with it. I will be freaking out about getting that right because if you sew things like this up wrong then it can ruin the project. The yarn colours that she gave me are just perfect for bears. I am dying to get started.

This week I have been working on a little bit of the crocheted blanket which seems to be growing before my eyes and doesnt look like it will take all that long to do. I have also been making a pair of fingerless mittens for Megan's friend for her birthday. She saw the ones that I made Megan for her birthday and requested that I make her a red and black pair for her birthday which is today. They are all done except for a few ends that need to be sewn in. I managed to find a self striping boucle yarn thats red and black which I think she will really like. I hate knitting with boucle yarn but the end product turns out well so I always end up using it. I asked Megan to try them on to see if they would fit a girl her age and she got that look like she would like a pair the same hehe.

Last week was a crazy week with the painting and the visitors but everything worked out in the end. Victoria's room was painted in time with all her stuff put back in her room in time for the Girl Scout party. I still have to do her window frame and closet door but I can do that with the stuff put back. I think I will start working on those on Thursday. The window has to get finished so that Joe can put plastic up with the cold weather arriving. Victoria's room turned out so cute. Now I want to go out and get all the extra furniture she needs and the carpet just to see the final product but that all takes time especially with Christmas coming up.

I saw Joe's Grandma on Sunday at a family function and she was asking me if I had the kitchen cupboards done yet. I had to admit to her that I had only gotten as far as painting the one side of the door. She said that she had been thinking about me and if I had them done yet. I am feeling the pressure hehe. I think she might ground me or something if she comes over at Christmas time and sees they still arent done yet. I think not wanting her to be disappointed in me and how much grief she will give me if they're not done by then is enough incentive to just get it over and one with. Do you think? hehe

No comments: