Thursday, October 25, 2007

Autumn On Maple St

I went photo taking on Sunday afternoon because it was sunny and warm outside but there are tons of colourful leaves. Victoria and I decided to go for a walk. Megan wasnt home of course because she is the sleepover queen. It was a good thing a took lots of photos on Sunday because if you go outside right now alot of the pretty leaves arent even there. They have all blown away with the wind.

This first shot was taken halfway up the end of our street so you can see all the trees in the background. Please note that we live in a very small town of less than 700 so its not a bustling city hehe.


I just thought that this shot was a symbol of the season with the corn stalks and the pumpkins that people put out to decorate for the upcoming Halloween. We are off to get our pumpkins to carve on Saturday. I like to save the pumpkin seeds we scoop and bake them up. They are then tossed in the sweet and salty mixture. Victoria just loves them and so does my brother in law. I will have to save some for him. There will definitely be lots. Now lets see if tradition prevails and it is cold, windy and rainy with perhaps even some snowflakes the day we get our pumpkins.


I just loved how this tree was so huge and sprawling with so many golden leaves still on it. It looks like its made of gold. This tree is next to a house that Victoria likes to call The Gingerbread House. I think she calls it that because its kind of like a salmony colour with cream trim and trim is very decorative like a gingerbread house would look. Thats the only thing I can think of hehe.


Up our end of the street there is a tree that has dropped its leaves, it seems, almost instantly because they are piled up everywhere. They are perfect for tossing, kicking and stomping on. Victoria and I often walk up that way just to play in the leaves. I hope the people that have their house next to it arent trying to keep the pathway clear of leaves otherwise we are probably getting dirty looks when we go through hehe.


Last but not least, this is Mandy. She lives in our street and is the sweetest dog you ever met. Whenever we go by there we have to stop and give her pats and love. She almost instantly lays on her back for belly rubs. Her owners tell us she would let you love her all day long if you want to and I believe it. Megan would like to kidnap her and love her forever. She does have a little sidekick thats a mostly white Jack Russell. I took some photos of her and more of Mandy but this was my favourite. Doesnt she look like she is smiling. She always looks like she is smiling. You cant be sad around this puppy.


I went to my knitting group this week thinking that I would be the only one there, knowing Mrs Hadley couldnt make it. I thought maybe someone new would turn up and what a pity if they felt no one cared so I went anyway. To my surprise two other ladies joined me today. One lady was an elderly lady who said her grandmother taught her how to knit when she was 12 so she has been knitting over 50 years. I felt humbled by how much more experience I knew she had more than me by hearing this. She was working on a pair of socks using that self striping yarn in a fuschia colour. They looked very cool. She was telling me some other projects she has at home still waiting to be finished so I think she sees this as an opportunity to get her projects done. The other lady is in her 40s I think. I have seen her around because she is a cleaning lady at the schools and spoken to her a few times before. She apparently use to do alot of knitting for charities and hospitals. I think she just enjoyed the opportunity to sit and knit for a while. She seems like a busy lady. So we sat and talked knitting for an hour and a half and had a good time. Mrs Hadley will be so excited to hear of the new people. I just hope they come back and our group gets bigger and bigger.

I have been working on a baby blanket using yarn from the local church because they requested baby blankets for their mission. Its going kind of slow so I put that aside today to work on some stitchmarkers. I now have 10 sets made. I will have to get a shot. Tomorrow I think I will work on how I should present them for the shop owner to display. I have an idea Im just not sure if it will work yet. I also sat down for a minute today and started knitting my felted knitting bag that I bought the yarn for forever ago and never started it. Fingers crossed that will work the way I want it to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a lovely person, I enjoy reading your blog.

Nicole said...

Thank you so much for you kind words. Im glad you are enjoying reading my blog.
Nicole