Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bella Bunny


This is Bella Bunny. I just listed her in my Etsy shop this morning and she got sold today. I think she turned out so cute. All the yarn that she was made with came from unraveling second hand things. Bella herself is knitted with a cream, soft, slightly fuzzy yarn that is wool, angora and mohair. Her dress is knitted with a soft cotton yarn. I like to use all that I can from the items I unravel so her little fabric flower came from the cardigan that the yarn is from. This is why the flower matches perfectly with the dress.


I tried a new technique for the eyes this time that I learned from a knitting book I have. The eyes are embroidered which makes Bella safe for any age. I think I would like to use this technique again on another knitted toy.


How about these ears huh. For some reason the ends of my ears are more curved than they are suppose to be and I questioned whether to undo the ends and try to get them like the picture but in the end I like them better. This pattern came from a book I got at our local library called Toy Knits by Debbie Bliss and she is entitled Farmer Rabbit. I think I will have to get a copy of this pattern so I can make another one some time soon.

I hope Bella Bunny will be happy in her new location.


1 comment:

Robyn said...

I think this must be Mr Long Ears sister. She is very sweet.