Friday, January 29, 2010

Favourite Etsy Shop Friday


Favourite Etsy Shop Feature

Quiltville
www.Quiltville.etsy.com

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.

My Name is Carlene, but you can call me Carly.

I live with my husband John, and 2 Chesapeake Bay retrievers.

We are a blended family with 5 children and 1 granddaughter.

My Mother taught me how to sew when I was 12, I taught her how to Quilt when she was 70. I work full time Sewing, Quilting and Designing patterns for my Etsy shop.


2. What made you open your shop and why Etsy?

My friend Terri found Etsy in 2006 when she was cruising the net looking for other options than Ebay. We both liked the idea of a site for Handmade Items and Quiltville.etsy.com was born.



3. Do you sell your quilts anywhere else?

Word of mouth brings people to my doorstep sometimes.


4. How did you choose your shop name?

I quilt in a small town in Wisconsin. Hence, Quiltville.



5. What are your favourite things to do?

Quilt, of course. I also Love to buy fabric and enjoy creating new designs and new patterns. I like to experiment when I bake. I like Gardening, Camping, Fishing, Boating, and Love it twice as much with my Husband, Children and Granddaughter.


6. What inspires you?

I am inspired by fabric; a new line of fabrics is like a flower garden in full bloom, choosing the right combination to make the perfect bouquet.



7. Of all the quilts you make, which one is your favourite?

All of them are my favorite, impossible to choose just one.


8. Which quilt is the most popular?

Quilts with modern/contemporary fabrics.



9. Which handmade possession given to you do you cherish?

I have an antique dresser about 100 years old. My father bought it for his Mother.


10. Name 3 other Etsy shops you love to visit.

The Keepers House - She make these Gorgeous fabric wrapped coil baskets, I own 5 of them and have given 3 as gifts so far.

Momomadeit - She makes Beautiful Aprons that fit perfectly. I own 4 of them.

All fabric sellers - it is impossible to name just one.



Thank you so much to Carly of Quiltville for being my featured Etsy shop this week. I have wanted to try quilting for many many years and for some reason have been too chicken to start. I look at the quilts in Quiltville and just drool. They are just so beautiful and the colour combinations are amazing. I think I will just have to save my pennies and buy myself one of these quilts. Im sure it would become a treasured heirloom. Take a look at this Etsy shop and you are sure to want one yourself. If you are quilter or braver than me, you can also purchase some of the quilt patterns and make your own amazing Quiltville quilt.


3 comments:

Carly said...

Thank you for the Friday Feature.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Paperprincess34 said...

I suddenly really want a quilt! Beautiful work!