Thursday, August 27, 2009

Favourite Etsy Shop Friday


Favourite Etsy Shop Feature

Lovems1
www.lovems1.etsy.com

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
I am the mother of three grown daughters and have one adorable five year old Granddaughter. I have been sewing since I was five when I cut up my dads new western shirt to make Barbie clothes out of it (boy did I get in trouble! 40 years later I am still hearing about it) In my everyday life I am an Accountant, but having a creative streak and knowing creative accounting leads to trouble, I choose to sew to be creative, so I do this with my free time.


2. What made you decide to open your shop and why Etsy?

When my Granddaughter was little she couldn't carry around her favorite stuffed animal and blankie, so I decided to make some for her. When all of my friends and family saw the Lovems they all wanted them, after making MANY of them for friends I just decided I should probably sell some and actually make some money instead of giving all of them away. My daughter had heard about the ETSY site, so after checking it out, I thought it would probably be the best venue for an online store.



3. Other than Etsy, where else do you sell your blankets?
I have a few of the blankets listed on Artfire, and I also have them in a boutique here in Missouri in wine country, plus I sell them at local craft shows.


4. How did you choose your shop name?

When we (my daughters and I) were trying to come up with a name for the Lovems, we just kept saying over and over how much we Lovem - so they almost named themselves once we listened! The 1 behind Lovems is because no matter how many people decide they should also create the Lovems - we will always be the first!



5. What are your other favourite things to do?
I read a lot when I have time. I also crochet, ride bikes and love to play Farm Town on Face Book! My favorite thing to do though is be with my girls - it's hard to get them all in the same place now that they are grown, so I never miss an opportunity to be with them.


6. What inspires you?

I LOVE children and the thought of making something that will become special to them just warms my heart!



7. Which blanket is your most popular?
The most popular blanket seems to be the giraffe, for as many people that are finding out what sex their baby is, there is an equal amount of people that are not, and the giraffe seems to be a popular gender neutral blanket. For people buying for a boy, the two toned brown puppy is sold the most and for a girl there isn't one that is more popular then another.


8. You have great fabric colour combinations, which is your favourite?

It's hard for me to have a favorite color combination - I am a lover of all colors, I don't even have a favorite color - I do like the color combinations to match, so once in a while someone will ask for something that I would NEVER put together (I had to get over that!), but they always look good in the end.



9. What handmade possession do you cherish?
My granddaughter Maddison made me a bead bracelet and necklace set for my Birthday this year, and I love it - it really tickles her when I pick her up from Pre-school and I am wearing it. From all the things that I have made though, I have a king sized duvet cover made out of 17 variegated shades of the rainbow and it's all done in 4 inch blocks. I hate it when it warms up and I have to switch the bed cover, I never get tired of looking at it.


10. Name 3 other Etsy shops you love to visit.

I love the etsy store cutiekidsdolls, CC makes the most wonderful soft baby dolls.

I love the store happyquilts, she makes awesome quilts.

I love mikebtoys as well, his wooden toys are awesome!


I would like to thank Lovems1 for being my featured favourite Etsy shop this week. I stumbled across this shop about a couple of months ago and thought it was so cute. I see these blankets and they look so soft, I just want to reach through the screen and touch them all. What a great snuggling idea to have a toy you can cuddle at the same time. Check out this wonderful shop and the ever so soft blankets you wont regret it.

For those of you who like to pop in every now and then and read my blog, I apologize for not posting much lately. My sister and her family are visiting from Australia right now and I havent been posting like I usually do. I will try to have an update soon.

1 comment:

Christie Cottage said...

Those ar adorable!


http://christiecottage.blogspot.com