Thursday, January 12, 2012

New York Gang Part 1


In November I sent off some toys to Stoopher and Boots in New York city, the very cool shop that sells my knitted toys. I managed to take some quick pictures of them before they got packed up in the box to go on their journey.



This snake was alot of fun to make. He is made with a soft cotton yarn. I dont usually like knitting stripes because of all the ends but with this being knitted in the round there were no ends to weave in. He ended up being really long and great to put on your shoulders. Victoria was always checking up on his progress and how long he was getting.



Victoria fell in love with this little lizard but he really wanted to go to New York and see the sights. This was my first time using Noro yarn and I loved watching the colours come together. I love this guys little toes.



This little pig was made using the very last of some handspun hand dyed pink yarn that I got from a fellow Etsy seller. I love this pattern and have been thinking about making more tiny pigs as they are really quick and oh so cute. This pattern was designed by Apocalypse Knits.



Here is another Maddox Monster. Its funny how just by using a different yarn it brings out a different personality with these monsters. I love this yarn with its shades of yellow. Every time I see this monster it reminds me of my sister as i was finishing him off while Skyping for the first time with her.

I am posting Part 2 of the NY gang so you can see the rest of the guys who left for NY.

No comments: