Friday, March 18, 2011

Favourite Etsy Shop Friday


Favourite Etsy Shop Feature

Alphabet Art Photography Designs
www.AlphabetArtDesigns.etsy.com

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
Debbie loves to cook and watch reality TV. Cheryl loves to scrapbook and is team photographer during motocross season.


2. What made you open your shop and why Etsy?
Debbie always gets me started in new projects but this one we both fell in love with (however, I was quite fond of her cupcake phase...). It was unique and different and no one in our area was doing it so we decided to give our families a sample for Christmas gifts and it was well received. We thought about building our own website when someone mentioned that we should look into Etsy...so we did and the rest is history.


3. Do you sell your photographs anywhere else?
Yes, we have 2 shops that we do consignment retail with; Home Chic in Mayville NY and Randolph Retail in Randolph NY. We also have attended various craft shows in our area (Randolph, Westfield, The What's New Fair)


4. Do you do any other types of photography?
We do not sell other types of photography but we love to take pictures of flowers and elements outdoors. Not to mention that I take photographs at my husband's motocross events. The pictures are typically posted on the WYNOA series website :)


5. What are your favourite things to do?
Debbie's favorites include: travel to NYC, Time with family and pets. Cheryl's Favorites include: Scrapbooking, dining out, spending time with my family and pets, and a good movie.




6. What inspires you?
For Debbie, everything around her inspires her. For Cheryl, Debbie's new ideas inspire me and looking at scrapbooking magazines.


7. Which of your photographs are the most popular?
Our most popular design is our Custom orders typically for weddings. The "Forever" print has been the most talked about and most ordered for weddings.


8. If you could learn one new craft what would it be?
Debbie has been trying to teach me how to crochet...I guess I would like to learn/master that!


9. Which handmade possession given to you do you cherish?
The most cherished handmade gift was the queen size crocheted afghan given to me by my grandmother as a wedding gift.


10. Name 3 other Etsy shops you love to visit.
Debbie is the Etsy surfer and is always looking for new and unique things...I don't think she could pick just 3. Unfortunately, I (cheryl) do not get much surfing time on Etsy :(




Thank you to Alphabet Art Photography Designs for being my featured favourite shop this week. I really love how they have made letters out of different objects. I think these photographs would look great in any home and make a really creative, different gift. The black and white photography would look good in any setting. You can also just buy individual letters so you could use them for initials or spell out whatever you wish. Take a look at this shop and you will thinking of all sorts of uses for this wonderful photography.

No comments: