Friday, November 12, 2010

Favourite Etsy Shop Friday


Favourite Etsy Shop Feature

SnW Creative

www.SnWeStore.etsy.com

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
I am 42 years old, married a Graphic Designer for 16 years, have a 14 years daughter and a "fat" Pomarian. I am a breast cancer survivor for 8 years now.


2. What made you open your shop and why Etsy?
8 years ago when I had breast cancer, I am in deep depression that no one or medication can help. One day, my husband discovered a Chinese store selling origami paper, so he brought me some, I start to fold and fold and start to feel a little better. Meanwhile I daughter (she was 6 years old) learned her first origami crane with me during that time. We start to fold together, and eventually the house was pack with origami, so my daughter ask me if she can sell on ebay and use the money for her college fund (she always want to go to Standford, since little), so I agreed, business doing good, and we discovered etsy from an ebay customer, so we open a store.



3. Do you sell your origami anywhere else?
yes, at ebay (no much business now), artfire.com, and my own website and local customers.

4. How did you choose your shop name?
SnW Creative S- is my husband, W - is me, with "little" n -my daughter between us.




5. What are your favourite things to do?
Now my favorite is to created more items with origami....and go back to school...lol


6. What inspires you?
Anything can inspires, but I always go some crazy idea when I shop, I don't know why.



7. What is your favourite origami animal to make?
I like to folded butterfly, because there are many ways to fold, and each look different, very cool, I also like flowers, but it is too hard to ship, so mainly is for my local customer.


8. What is the most popular item in your shop?
Origami crane and butterflies may be the most popular for now, but the peacock is picking up (local and online)




9. Which handmade possession given to you do you cherish?
I have a wedding arch with origami flower lighting that is my favorite that I can't let go, so it is in my house now.


10. Name 3 other Etsy shops you love to visit.
Have It Sweet - love their marshmallow, so cute.
your store KnittedForEwe, I can knit, but I can't knit animal, my hand some how don't like to knit animal...lol
I can't think of the third store at this point, but I remember it is a jewelry maker use all wire only, but I forgot to add her/him to my favorite so I lost track, hope someday can find the store again, because I really love it, but too many jewelry store in etsy....



Thank you so much to SnW Creative for being my favourite Etsy shop feature this week. I never knew origami could be so beautiful. Who could imagine that just folding paper could be turned into such pretty things? I think my favourite are the origami lights. They are such a great idea with a wonderful effect. Check out this shop and you are sure to be impressed.

No comments: