Monday, August 9, 2010

New York City Here We Come!


I have spent the last month making a bunch of toys to send to Stoopher & Boots in New York City. They are finally on their way and should arrive any day now. I hope they like the new guys. Now I can finally sit down and work on some new items for my poor neglected shop. Let me introduce you to my latest finished toys.


Here is a pig that I have been wanting to make ever since I got the Itty Bitty Toy book for Christmas. I dont know why I have been making so many pigs lately but its been fun. Its funny but I am actually working on another pig like Hamilton but a different pink. Pigs everywhere! For some reason this pigs head turned out smaller than its suppose to look. I think next time I make this I will do one more lot of increases to make it look right. I knit him from an yarn that I unraveled from a wool/angora/mohair jumper. This pig has plastic pellets in its feet, hands and bottom which is the first time I have done this with a knitted toy. I like the effect that it creates especially in the bottom. I see doing it again in the future.



Can you see how curly his tail is? It is an i-cord tail with a pipe cleaner inside it. I think next time I will make his tail a little shorter so there are less curls. Can you tell I am already wanting to make another one.



This little ballerina bunny took the longest to make out of all the toys. She has so many extra parts to her. You can actually remove her ballet shoes, tutu and wrap jumper. She was knitted from 100% baby alpaca yarn which makes her very very soft. I debated whether to make this yarn into a ballerina bunny as blue isnt the traditional little girl ballet colour. I always think of pink for these types of things but I figured there are blue ballerinas out there as well. I also went back and forth on the eyes. Safety eyes or embroidered eyes. The pattern says embroidered so I thought I would just go with the pattern this time. Even now I look and think, would safety eyes have looked cuter? I will just have to make another one and use safety eyes.



I had to make another puppy in a blanket. They are cute, fast to make and everyone seems to like them. Big thank you to Joe for the big box of chenille yarn for Christmas. This yarn is perfect for making so soft puppies.




This snake was fun to make. I should have taken a different picture that shows you how he is all springy when you uncoil him. This snake was going to be lime green. I was digging around in a bag of yarn looking for the green wool I wanted to use and I pulled out this yarn. I decided this would make more of a cool pattern. This yarn was sent to me by my Mum who used it to make Victoria's Love In Every Stitch Jumper, this is the leftover yarn. Thanks Mum. The only tricky part of this snake was knowing when to stop. Your just suppose to knit and knit until he is as long as you want it to be. This is where I turn to Victoria for advice. She told me when he was long enough.



I have been wanting to knit an elephant for a while now. This little elephant hasnt quite cured my need to make an elephant but he was a start. He was knit from 100% cotton from an unraveled vest from The Gap. He's a cute little guy, I like his trunk and his softness.



This last one is yet another knitted ball. They are fast, easy and fun to make. They are also fun to play with. Victoria and I have had many fun times playing with her Rainbow Ball. This ball was knit from some rainbow handspun yarn I got in another trade with Blushing Ewe
I am liking handspun yarn and now have a bunch of it to work with. Trying to decide on some projects to use with it.

Well that is it, Phew. Fingers crossed they will be liked in there new location. Victoria tells me they are excited to be going on an adventure. I certainly hope so.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Beautiful knitting. I think they will all like their new homes in the big city.