Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Finally A New Addition


I finally got to add a new addition to my Etsy shop last night. This is the brown heather wool bag that has taken me a while to finish but Im so glad its done. I hope the photos do it justice. Its not the model in the picture that would bring it down. Thats the lovely Megan, more than happy to be a model for me.



Here is a close up of the cables. This was knit with small needles so the cables sit pretty close together which makes it hard to photograph. It is three lines of a basic cable stitch.


This is the inside of the bag with its tan linen lining and magnetic clasp. I hadnt used a magnetic clasp on my bags before but have always wanted to. They are really easy to put in as well. I will definitely use them again.


I had to scrap the purple hobo bag I was working on. When I got to a certain part I was finding it impossible and not looking the way I wanted it too. Im not sure if it was they yarn or the needles but I will definitely have to figure out some other way to do that bag. So instead I felt the need to pick up the fabulous wool yarn that I got a few weeks ago on my trip to the Falconer Yarn Loft. Now that I started working with it I am wondering what took me so long to pick it up. It is wool that is taken from the closer to the sheeps skin that doesnt get exposed to all the elements so its softer. The colour that I am using is called wedgewood blue. Actually I got so into it I have now knitted and felted the bag and its drying as we speak. It amazing how the colour of the yarn kind of changes when you felt it. The wedgewood blue is now a paler wedgewood and so much prettier than before. Once its all dry I am going to figure out the way I am doing the handles. I am going to play around with it to figure it out. All I know is the handles will be light orange colour. If the yarn which is called Canteloupe gets paler in the felting process its going to look excellent with the blue. Aaaahhh only time will tell. Then comes the dubious task of finding a lining material. I know that that can make or break a bag sometimes.

Today I finished a ribbed slouchy hat in royal blue. It was a quick knit. I am going to wash the hat to soften the yarn up hopefully making it floppier. It needs to sit floppier I think. When Megan comes home tomorrow I will get her to be my model again. I also have some more leaves to embroider to finish the wool wristwarmers to list them. I feel like I have some catching up to do in the listing items department.

No comments: