In My Backyard
1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
I'm Katie from In my backyard. I work at a museum during the day and my spare time is taken up with sewing, printing and crafting.
2. What made you open your shop and why Etsy?
Etsy is just such a lovely website, I can spend hours looking through it. I opened an Etsy shop so I would have a wider overseas market.
3. How did you choose your shop name?
I spend a lot of time pottering in my garden, and it is where I do a lot of my sketching and other work - so most of my things are made in my backyard :)
4. Do you sell your items anywhere else?
I have a shop on felt - www.felt.co.nz - a New Zealand based online marketplace, as well as shops in New Zealand
5. What are your favourite things to do?
Making things, gardening, long walks with the dog
6. What inspires you?
Anything and everything
7. What is your most popular item?
My little bird pins have probably been my most popular item
8. If you could learn one new craft what would it be?
I'd love to learn to weave a rug.
9. Which handmade possession given to you do you cherish?
It is actually something I made - it is a bag that is made out of some tweed that my grandmother gave my mother, who then gave it to me.
10. Name 3 other Etsy shops you love to visit.
The Rainbow Girl
Thank you to In My Backyard for being my favourite Etsy shop feature this week. This shop is so cute. I love how there are different types of items but everything looks like they belong together. The bunny and kitty pictures are simple but oh so sweet. Check out this shop that has items for crafters and items for those who love sweet handmade items.