Friday, April 16, 2010

Favourite Etsy Shop Friday


Favourite Etsy Shop Friday

Judy Stalus
www.JudyStalus.etsy.com

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
I live on a beautiful 50 acre farm in New Hampshire with my husband and daughter. I used to practice law in Boston but I now practice art full time. A little (well a LOT) less lucrative but much more fun.

2. What made you open your shop and why Etsy?
My friend Loribeth (maminkagirl.blogspot.com) told me about Etsy. I was looking for a way to sell my photographs online without investing a lot of money.



3. Do you sell your photographs anywhere else?
I sell my photographs in several galleries including Noa in the Boston area http://www.noagifts.com/, the Vermont Center for Photography http://www.vcphoto.org/, and the Walpole Artisans Cooperative www.walpoleartisans.org.

4. What are your favourite things to do?
I garden and photograph my garden, knit and bead. You can read about my garden on my blog, newhampshiregarden.blogspot.com. You can see my bead and knit work in my shop www. beadedwire.etsy.com.
I am also on the Board of Director of our local cooperative gallery, The Walpole Artisans Cooperative, which grew out of our annual artisan tour. Aside from providing a venue to sell my photography and jewelry it is simply wonderful to have a group of supportive artists to work and share with. Making art can be a lonely, isolated job and having the friendship of other artists is vital.



5.What inspires you?
My garden, my land. As a photographer I tend to photograph what is around me. Over the years my inspiration has changed as my life changed.

6. What is your favourite thing to photograph?
Garden, flowers, sky, water.



7. Which is your most popular photograph?
I couldn't really say which is my most popular photograph. I sell a lot of peony cards, the peony is the queen of all flowers to me.

8. You have so many flowers which one do you love the most?
I have so many favorite flowers, I tend to love big, lush, decadent blooms - parrot tulips, peonies, iris, poppies, and lilacs for their intoxicating scent. Some of the old roses are also gorgeous and fragrant.



9.Which handmade possession given to you do you cherish?
Gifts made by daughter of course, a pink felt heart sachet, a little knit bag, a felt book for pins
.

10. Name 3 other Etsy shops you love to visit.
Etsy shops I like a lot:

Maminka Girl Studio
Virginia Wyoming
Xanadu 2 You



A big thank you to Judy Stalus for being my featured seller this week. Dont you just love these photos. They are simply beautiful. I would love to favourite all of them. You have to go and look at all of these photos. I love the idea of the scanned flowers. So different and new. If your a lover of flowers then this is the shop for you.

1 comment:

New Hampshire Gardener said...

Thank you so much for featuring my photography on your lovely blog. Judy