Thursday, December 6, 2007

Can You Believe it? Its A Post With Pictures!

I sent the hat and bootie set to the customer today and managed to remember to take a photo of it to post on here. Hopefully this is what they had in mind. I was told they wanted it pink and lavender coloured. I wasnt sure if it meant the colours mixed together like this or solid colours put together. I just thought doing it this way would make it have pink and lavender all over and it would look pretty.


These are the black mittens that I made for Joe's Grandma. She hasnt picked them up yet so I dont know if she likes them. It is very hard to photograph black things and see the detail so I apologize for the bad shot hehe.


Now that I have those orders out of the way I can concentrate on the knitting gifts I want to work on. I am half way through knitting the funky fluffy scarf for Victoria's teacher. I like how the colours look. I think I will have to make one for myself hehe. The yarn only cost $2 in total so I think its a bargain. Tomorrow we are finally going to start our Christmas shopping. We dont usually start this late but Joe has been working hours and hours of overtime to have money for bills and presents. Hopefully next week he will be able to slow down a bit because the boy is pooped. It will be nice to feel like we are getting somewhere with present buying. Last year we decided that it would be a good idea to buy the girls presents first and then do everyone after, that way we knew that the most important people on the list definitely had their Christmas wishes fulfilled. It seemed to work really well so we are going to do it this year. They have really easy wish lists this year. Nothing that is really expensive or hard to find. Megan did put down a Nintendo Wii but we already told her that they are hard to find this Christmas and if she got that then she couldnt get anything else. She doesnt care if she gets one for Christmas or not because she knows that eventually we are getting one. All Victoria cares about is if she gets Hungry Hungry Hippos or not hehehe.

Yesterday I started making all the calls inviting all the family to our house for Christmas Eve. So far everyone I asked has said yes. I was very surprised. I still have a few more people to call and then we just have to find out what dish they are bringing. It feels kind of organized. Its a strange feeling hehe.

Well I better get going. Lots of stuff to do and not much time tonight left to do it in.

No comments: