Friday, November 27, 2009

Favourite Etsy Shop Friday


Favourite Etsy Shop Feature

Nikki Makes Scents
www.nikkiscandles.etsy.com

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
My name is Nikki and I live on Long Island, New York in a city by the sea. I live about 4 blocks from the beach & boardwalk of which I hardly take advantage of. I love to travel, web surf and craft and spending time with friends and occasionally family (j/k)


2. What made you open your shop and why Etsy?
I kept seeing other shop links to Etsy and thought it would be a good place to list some of the one of a kind items I make since I no longer do craft fairs. I signed up in October 2008 but didn't start listing and become immersed in what a wonderful community for handmade items until July 2009. I love it!



3. Do you sell your products anywhere else?
My website. NikkiMakesScents.com, friends, family and a couple of stores.


4. How did you choose your shop name?
My name is Nikki and I make scents...thus Nikki Makes Scents. Nikki Makes Scents is my business name nikkicandles is my user and Etsy shop name.



5. What are your favourite things to do?
If I had time I would travel more, read, write, and make more candles.


6. What inspires you?

My inspirations come primarily from my customers. If they say I want a candle that is blue and smells like bubble gum if I like it I try to see if such a candle would appeal to the masses. I also am inspired by the scents. Some scents just immediately sparks the imagination to make certain candles or bath & body products.



7. Of all the products you sell, which do you enjoy making the most?
After 10 years of doing this, making candles and being impatient to see the final project I still enjoy making the most.


8. Which products are the most popular?

It depends on the season although my chunk votives are a hit year 'round.



9. Which handmade possession do you cherish?
My mother is a crafter too and several years ago she made a beautiful dried floral arrangement for my office when I was promoted. To this day people still think it's real and a lovely bright arrangement. I bring it to any office I'm in and spray it with a linen fresher in a floral scent that fools everyone.


10. Name 3 other Etsy shops you love to visit.

* XOHandworks
* Sea Babe Jewelry

*
oktak


Thank you so much to Nikki Makes Scents for being my featured favourite shop this week. I found this shop while in an Etsy chat not long ago and just loved all her stuff. The thing that I like about this shop is its not just candles. There are body lotions, perfumes, lip balms and all sorts of good smelling stuff all in the one shop. This appeals to me as I like to use good smelling stuff not just while burning candles but on me as well. I see many ideas for gifts for the people I know and for myself. She even makes it easier by having a gift set section. The pictures in this blog feature are just the tip of the iceberg. You have to go and see the other goodies you can find in this shop as well.

No comments: