Friday, November 13, 2009

Favourite Etsy Shop Friday


Favourite Etsy Friday Feature

Vessels And Wares

www.vesselsandwares.etsy.com

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.

Hi! My name is Jeanette and I live in Atlanta, Georgia. I am a clay-nerd.


2. What made you open your shop and why Etsy?


I didn't want to be a health food store grocery buyer anymore. And my pottery was starting to pile-up. I thought that maybe, just maybe, I could support myself doing what I love. So I opened an etsy shop to begin building a business.


3. Do you sell your pottery anywhere else?


I have pottery in several stores nationwide.

4. How did you choose your shop name?


I really have no recollection of where my shop name came from. I remember drawing this hideous picture for a banner that included a sailboat. Some sort of clever/weird word-play on the "vessels" part. Thankfully, I didn't know anything about how to turn that picture into a banner at the time. But I kept the "vessels" in my name.


5. What are your favourite things to do?

I like reading and the internet. I like to cook. I like to wander aimlessly around thrift stores.



6. What inspires you?

Pretty much anything. I seem to have this urge to translate everything I see into clay. So I do lots of experimenting and playing in clay. Mostly, these little projects just sit around gathering dust. But every now and again, I will incorporate them into what I produce.


7. Of all your different pottery items, which do you enjoy making the most?

Berry bowls.


8. What is the most popular item you sell?


It is pretty evenly split between berry bowls, cupcake stands and mugs. I think.

9. What handmade possession do you cherish?

I am lucky to have lots of handmade items in my life. But one of my favorites is a small painting that my grandpa did. Unfortunately, he passed away before I was born, but that painting allows me to have a connection to him and his artwork.


10. Name 3 other Etsy shops you love to visit.


That is tough. Really, really tough. I have been known to lose hours just clicking away on etsy. I love looking at other people's favorites and have a ton of favorites myself.

New discovery:
animama

Just a gorgeous shop (and current source of inspiration):

Yellena

One of my favorite potters:

Kieffer Ceramics



Thank you to Vessels And Wares for taking part in my favourite Etsy shop feature this week. I love her pottery. Not only are the designs beautiful but the colours are amazing. Its so great when something is not only useful but pretty to look at at the same time. You just have to go over and take a look at the rest of the pottery in her shop. These pictures are just the tip of the iceberg. The trouble you will have is picking what you want to buy first.


No comments: